Supervisor-Food Services- Relief- Days and Evenings -Shea Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- Food Srvcs
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- Mon-Sun (Relief) 4:30a to 1:00p and 1:30p to 10:00p
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Food Supervision Required
1 year Food Production Required
None Healthcare food service supervision Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Manager Food Handlers Card/Serve Safe Certification Required
The SUPERVISOR-FOOD SERVICE provides shift leadership for Food & Nutrition Services. Supervises kitchen, food production, storeroom, and supervises diet staff during off hours and on weekends. Leads cross-functional work teams to achieve operational goals. Monitors patient meal assembly and delivery; ensures that Room Service and patient meal standards are achieved. Monitors evening and off hour café service and ensures compliance with cash handling protocol. Meets and maintains compliance with Health Department regulations for sanitation, food handling and storage. Ensures that all customer service standards and patient service standards are met.
- Leads the personnel assigned to the section. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments. Interviews, selects, and recommends hiring of personnel. Initiates recommendations for changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. May settle employee problems and administer appropriate disciplinary action.
- Facilitates and ensures timely preparation and delivery of patient meals. Supervises patient meal assembly processes to assure compliance with room service protocols.
- Leads and directs kitchen and cafeteria opening and closing activities. Coordinates assignment of staff to meet patient census and other business needs. Prepares work schedules and daily shift assignments. Ensures adequate coverage of positions to meet business needs. Inspects the department for compliance with safety and sanitation protocols. Investigates problems in a timely manner and communicates resolutions appropriately.
- Responsible for the team’s adherence to food production standards, use of standardized recipes, food presentation guidelines. Assures compliance of standards for Infection Control, HACCP, and Health Department regulations.
- Monitor food temperature check of all food menu items served to the customer before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Ensure that the proper documents on the appropriate temperature log forms are being utilized.
- Monitor temperature check of all food storage refrigeration units in your work area (if applicable), before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Ensure that the proper documents on the appropriate temperature cooler/freezer log forms are being utilized.
- Supervises storeroom and receiving functions. Monitors issuing and ordering of supplies. Ensures that foods are properly handled, processed, served and stored. Documents compliance with HAACP procedures.
- Monitors and meets operating budgets for expenses, labor, and revenue. Makes use of current management practices for monitoring, controlling and reporting costs and revenue.
- Plans and conducts regular work team meetings. Provides training and in service education. Trains new staff and retrains current staff on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares quality assurance and quality control audits and assess compliance with departmental standards, procedures, Infection Control, OSHA, and Health Department regulations.
- Prepares food and serves customers.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.