SURGICAL TECH PRN NETWORK FLOAT POOL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Network Float Pool
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5225 N. SCOTTSDALE RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
3 years Graduate of vocational surgical technician school or three (3) years of surgical technician experience. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
Performs a variety of tasks that maintain an organized and sterile field during surgeries and procedures, including scrubbing, selecting, providing, and prepping surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures, while adhering to the HonorHealth policies.
- Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during surgical procedures. Anticipates the needs for additional equipment, supplies and/or instruments by assessing specific patient, physician and procedure requirements and responds by meeting or communicating those needs. Maintains a proper sterile field.
- Prepares for surgical procedures by pulling appropriate instruments and supplies and ensuring the working order of instruments. Assumes accountability for instrumentation and returns instrumentation to the decontamination room or Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Actively participates as a member of the health care team to include orientation and instruction of personnel functioning in the scrub role.
- Participates in the re-stocking and cleaning of Operating rooms and equipment. Maintains a clean safe and orderly work area and reports unsafe conditions.
- Assists with the orientation, guidance, and evaluation of performance of new staff and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.