SYSTEM SPECIALIST - RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HHRI IRB Compliance
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10290 N 92nd St
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- 8:30 AM to 5 PM
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in clinical, IS or healthcare business field Required
5 years supporting information systems Required
Collaborates with the business departments and IT to define and deliver solutions that successfully meet the business objectives. Responsible for combining business and technology skills with strong leadership, communication, negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills. Provides technical guidance and support with respect to information management systems and software. Develops and supports informatics clinical applications throughout the organization. Collaborates with Senior Systems Specialists, Clinical Research Management, Medical Staff and vendors to integrate hospital-wide informatics initiatives. Updates and develops research related standard operating procedures as they relate to informatics. Identifies and recommends business process efficiencies, operational improvements and system enhancements. Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed. Works with less structured, more complex issues. Serves as the ultimate facilitator between Business and IT in truly understanding the business's needs and plays a key role in the overall management and success of a project through the entire project lifecycle. .
- Interview, research, gather data, document, and analyze business requirements that can be translated into proposed solutions. Work with cross-functional stakeholders across all business units and third party entities to define business needs and processes and specify solutions which enable the business to become more efficient.
- Demonstrates a valuable working knowledge with respect to system workstations, web and applications. Provides training to users for HHRI specific system related software applications. Provides operational support for HHRI strategic initiatives; and assists with testing and evaluating new systems and applications specific to HHRI. Follow the project intake process and produce high quality professional documents and artifacts as work products. Maintain and update work products as the project moves through the delivery lifecycle to insure accuracy and consistency. Recommend improvements and changes that builds maturity and effectiveness in delivery.
- Proactively anticipates problems and provides solutions/suggestions as needed. Establishes a rapport with business, vendor and IT partners that fosters productive communications and gains a full understanding of the business needs. Comfortable working in a matrix resource environment and influencing people through collaboration and mutual trust.
- Evaluates vendor or 3rd party solutions to assess fit to satisfy business needs. Participate in proposal reviews and vendor assessments as needed to support the best solution fit to satisfy requirements.
- Maintains communication and collaborates with the network IT department, medical staff, area supervisors, department staff and vendors as required to support organizational integration.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.