TECH PHARMACY II FT DAYS VARY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- VGPiper Cancer CN-TBird
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 N 92ND ST
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Pharmacy\LPT - Licensed Pharmacy Tech Upon Hire Required
Pharmacy\PTCB - Pharmacy Tech Certification Upon Hire Required
Current Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) issued by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Required
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. Serves as a liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of information and pharmaceutical products to the customer. Provides back-up coverage preparing complex IV admixtures, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and Chemotherapeutic agents.
- Compounds prescription medications and sterile or non-sterile pharmaceuticals. This includes but is not limited to chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), and IV admixtures.
- Fills automated dispensing machines accurately. Runs reports as required to ensure proper filling of automated dispensing machines.
- Retrieves medications from the narcotic automated storage (Pyxis CII Safe/Centrak) following all requirements for complete documentation of controlled substance distribution.
- Pre-packages unit dose items by hand and via automated unit dosing equipment (Talyst/EXP) to maintain an ample supply of medications on hand at all times. Assures pre-packaging records are completed correctly
- Completes and documents daily and monthly Quality Assurance (QA) checklists including nursing unit inspections, temperature logs and expired medication checklists.
- Serves as a trainer and mentor for pharmacy technician I, new employees and technician students.
- Preparing orders verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing, generating reports, participating in medication cart filling, ensuring medication doses are delivered within established guidelines, completing medication credits and restocks returned medications, assisting the Inventory Specialist to assure the pharmacy is adequately stocked with needed medications and supplies, restocks pharmacy areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.