Tech Prior Authorization Specialist - Specialty Pharmacy
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- RX Pharmacy Specialty
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9109 N Central
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Pharmacy technician experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Pharmacy Trainee Certification Ability to obtain Certified Pharmacy Technician license within 1 Year Required
The pharmacy liaison acts as a single point-of-contact for patients, families, caregivers, and providers and is responsible for coordinating/guiding patients through a comprehensive plan-of-care to overcome healthcare system barriers, facilitate timely access to medication therapy and quality therapy management from pharmacy enrollment through all phases of the plan. The pharmacy liaison will assist patients in navigating through issues associated with prior authorizations, benefits investigation, and the high financial costs of specialty medications, aiding patients in achieving optimal adherence to care plan.
- Initializing and leading ongoing work in patients’ medication therapy and ensuring that the patient/pharmacy engagement is appropriate and consistent with their preferences.
Ensuring that every patient who can benefit from HonorHealth Specialty Pharmacy’s services is identified and contact is made efficiently and effectively
Effectively explaining services and support that the pharmacy offers without impeding patient’s choice of pharmacy, and achieving patient participation
Performing all benefits investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance work needed to ensure patients have access to the medication they need
Providing support in the fulfillment center
- Providing direct support to enrolled patients to ensure they are supported throughout their therapy regimen and achieve their intended outcome.
Conducting outbound phone calls for patient support, adherence checks and refill reminders
Accepting inbound calls from patients
- Designing and continuously improving pharmacy workflows to better deliver the specialty pharmacy experience to patients, caregivers, and providers
- Operate in accordance with HonorHealth policies, all federal and state regulations as well as maintain compliance and adhere to standards set forth by the accrediting bodies
- Educate HonorHealth's leadership and clinic staff on the pharmacy's role to gain their support and establish collaboration
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.