Therapy Services Aide I- Outpatient - Shea Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Therapy Srvcs OP
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10200 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours
- Monday-Friday 7:45am-4:15pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support
BCLS for the Healthcare worker required as appropriate for the assigned unit Required
The THERAPY SERVICES AIDE I performs designated routine tasks aiding physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and audiologists. Prepare patient and treatment area for care, aid therapist with patient care by completing selected routine acts, tasks or procedures under on site supervision.
- Assists in the treatment of patients by performing the following: a) Prepares area, equipment and patient for treatment and cleans up area and equipment after treatment. b)Assists therapist with patient care for patients requiring assist of 2 persons. c) Performs appropriate modality treatments with correct parameters, as directed by therapist. d) Observes/guides/assists/records patient’s performance with range of motion, stretching and strengthening exercises, ADLs and dysphagia group. e) Provides ambulation training to patients who require minimal assistance or less.
- Maintains department/gym in neat and orderly manner. Returns equipment to Therapy Services storage area at the end of each day. Maintains and cleans equipment and supplies. Maintains daily temperature logs and cleaning lists, according to departmental guidelines.
- Assist with control of linen and supply inventory, according to individual site guidelines. Organize and stock linen and supply inventory systematically and efficiently.
- Reports equipment in need of repair or maintenance to Lead and assists in repair as indicated.
- Actively support and participate in cross coverage efforts in the department. Assist in scheduling inpatients and outpatients and data entry for therapy orders and productivity, as needed.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.