TRANSPORTER -On Call-Days at Deer Valley
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Central Transport Srvcs
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year work experience in customer service Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support BLS training course C Upon Hire Required
Transports patients and materials throughout all hospital areas. Each transporter is responsible for their individual average transport time, which should be under 14 minutes. Uses two-way radios for communication with dispatch. Maintains transport equipment and supplies. Complies with regulations, safety and patient care protocols. Ensures that all customer service standards and quality standards are met for communication with patients, staff and public.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles in growth and development for the patients and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies, and procedures.
Follows hospital and consolidated services policies regarding dress code appearance. Appropriate uniform must be worn. Maintains 100% confidentiality according to standards.
Must be proficient in CPR/BLS within 30 days of hire. If staff member cannot demonstrate CPR/BLS proficiency within the stated time frame, they will be terminated. Staff member must pass lift test through occupational health prior to employment.
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher, bed or chair to and from designated areas or departments. Complies with all safety protocols when transporting patients and materials. Uses proper body mechanics. Ensures patient safety when transferring a patient to and from multiple surfaces and/or devices. Operates two-way radios for communication with dispatch. Follows established guidelines for all radio communications. Information, language and content of broadcast must strictly conform to established standards.
- Completes accurate patient check-in/check-out procedures for each area. Alerts clinical staff before moving patient and adheres to patient precaution checklist. Communicates appropriately with patient. Introduces him or herself, verifies patient identity and informs the patient of their destination.
- Complies with established UBBF protocols, radiation monitoring requirements, PPE guidelines. Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintains wheelchairs and stretchers appropriately. Sanitizes equipment following established protocols. Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions and removes the items from service.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.