TRAUMA QUALITY ANALYST - FT DAYS - DEER VALLEY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Trauma Center
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree BSN Required
3 years Trauma/ER/ICU nursing Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure Required
The TRAUMA QUALITY ANALYST abstracts and enters demographic, clinical, and trauma data through multiple automated systems, medical records, and concurrent rounding on critical care/telemetry patients according to HH Trauma Services and Arizona Department of Health Services standards. Performs case findings on trauma cases by reviewing and analyzing health records. Analyzes quality data to provide consultation to the medical staff leaders and multi-disciplinary health care team in order to continuously improve care, service and medical and nursing practice.
- Rounds on critical care/telemetry patients. Reviews charts for complications and quality issues. Abstracts and enters demographic, clinical, and trauma data through multiple automated systems and medical records.
- Provide data to Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Manager, Trauma Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and others to facilitate the recognition, research, isolation and resolution of identified opportunities for improvement.
- Performs case finding by reviewing for variances in care and opportunities for improvement and analyzing/assembling related patient information including charts, laboratory reports, and X-Ray reports.
- Participates in QA/QI activities to ensure accuracy of data collection and timely submission of data according to Arizona State Trauma Registry and the American College of Surgeons Optimal Guidelines for Trauma Centers. Maintains the quality of the registry program by participating in internal and external committees related to trauma services in Arizona and utilization of data. Serves as a resource and mentor to data support and analysts.
- Coordinate databases including conducting data entry, performing quality checks, monitoring database integrity and troubleshooting systems.
- Participates in Trauma educational conferences and reviews Trauma journals in order to maintain and expand Trauma Registry knowledge base. Remains current with JCAHO and other regulatory requirements. Assists organization in maintaining compliance with established standards and participates in accreditation site survey process as directed.
- Resolves routine coding issues/problems and appropriately seeks assistance from Consultant - Quality Outcomes Trauma Services, and Trauma Manager for the more difficult ones.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.