Volunteer Services Supervisor - John C. Lincoln Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Volunteer Services
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree Required
5 years volunteer supervisory experience Required
Other Volunteer management Required
The Supervisor-Volunteer Services is responsible for orientation, training, placement and oversight of volunteers within various service areas. This position monitors quality of volunteer services and works with departments to assess needs and adjust services as necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of volunteers. Responsible for the screening, interviewing and placement of volunteers for hospital service areas. Initiates changes in work assignments.
- Develops and updates policies, procedures, job descriptions and training checklists for volunteer positions to assure clarity of operations and parameters.
- Work with staff in various departments to assess and fill volunteer staffing needs and to ensure performance standards are met. Identifies, develops and adapts volunteer service areas to respond to changing needs.
- Trains, directs and motivates volunteer team leaders to delegate responsibility. Supervises general training for team leaders to establish parameter of leadership. Educates and supports team leaders in problem solving with appropriate hospital management staff to maximize effectiveness.
- Plans and conducts volunteer orientations on a regular basis. Develops training materials for volunteers and participants in special volunteer programs. Develops training materials to support quality service and adjusts training accordingly. Evaluates areas of service annually with managers and volunteers to ascertain quality. Plans for the hospital orientation of prospective team leader candidates to assure mission of System is understood.
- Develops, implements and executes new volunteer program within a hospital environment. Program development is based on data and strategic initiatives. Must be familiar with hospital compliance issues and human resource regulations.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.